Donate to Keep Blog Running-thanks

Monday 4 March 2013

Blood in stools


I am a 32-year-old male and every time I go to the bathroom to poop, I notice blood in my stools. Sometime this is associated with pain. Is this due to a cancer?
At age 32, cancer is unlikely but definitely bleeding and pain while pooping is not normal. The most likely cause in someone your age are hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. I suggest you see a doctor. 
Do not see a general physician –these dummies never properly examine patients nor do they have sufficient knowledge to assess colorectal disorders. See a reliable surgeon. In most cases, the cause may be obvious from a physical exam. However, in some cases, the doctor may order a radiological study. In the meantime, I suggest you add fiber to your diet, drink ample water, exercise and use laxatives if your are constipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment