Donate to Keep Blog Running-thanks

Monday 4 March 2013

Pain when pooping


Whenever I go to pass stools, I have severe pain in the anal area. Is this related to my new diet? I am a 28-year-old female
No, this is not related to your diet. I think you may have an anal fissure. All this means is that a tiny segment of your skin in the anal area is torn and there is muscle spasm that is causing the pain. The most likely cause is some type of trauma, like constipation with hard stools. Most mild cases will heal if you add fiber to your diet, drink ample water and use laxatives. However, if the pain persists, you may need surgery to cut the muscle. 
Remember if you do need surgery, go to a colorectal surgeon. General surgeons are clueless when it comes to dealing with anal fissures. In fact they can make your condition much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment