Donate to Keep Blog Running-thanks

Monday 4 March 2013

Blood in stools


I am a 57-year-old male and recently I have noticed blood when I pass stools. I have no other symptoms but my doctor says this may be due to hemorrhoids. Should I look into this?
Your doctor is an A…..E. Any patient over the age of 50 who has blood in the stools should first be assumed to have cancer, until proven otherwise.  It may be hemorrhoids, but the onus is on the doctor to make sure you do not have an underlying colorectal cancer. Since you do not have any other symptoms, the chance of cancer may be low, but I still highly recommend you see a gastroenterologist. You definitely need a colonoscopy or a barium study. 
By the way, dump this stupid piece of shit of an MD. If it turns out that you do have cancer, sue him for delay of diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment